Held each fall, the Sixth Annual Preemie Power Photo/Essay Contest invites families to share highlights about their super hero child and give hope to fellow NICU parents. We can’t wait to see photos of your precious children and hear their stories of courage and resilience! Preemie Power is open to all NICU babies whether they are in the NICU now or graduated long ago. Download and share a 2015 Preemie Power Contest Flyer!
The sixth annual contest recently wrapped up! Watch this page for the seventh annual contest fall 2016 and see our most recent winners!
How Does This Work?
- Submit your entry in one of four age categories (0-1 year, 1+ to 2 years, 2+ to 5 years, 5+ years).
- Choose a current picture of your child. Photos do not have to be professional and they do not have to be wearing a costume.
- Complete a short application and respond to the super hero questions to tell your story. Entries will be accepted starting at 8 a.m. CT on Monday, October 3, 2016 and end after voting has concluded.
- Share your child’s entry with friends and family. See the full rules.
- Vote. It’s FREE to vote, you can vote once a day starting Friday, October 21, 2016 at 12 Noon CT through October 28, 2016 at 12 noon CT (every 24 hours from the time of your last vote), and personal information is not requested or collected from voters.
- Have fun! Share hope! Be inspired by your Super Hero child/ren. Winners will be announced shortly after Friday, October 28, 2016 – just in time for Prematurity Awareness Month!
- Win! Prizes will be awarded in 4 age categories, as well as an overall grand prize winner. Hand to Hold founder Kelli Kelley will also select one entry for the Executive Director’s Award (not dependent on votes). We believe that everyone who participates is a winner! Stories will be online for one year. Winners will be recorded on our list of Preemie Power Stories, and shared on the Hand to Hold Facebook page and in our e-newsletter to spread hope and inspiration with future families.
In 2015, winners were selected based on the number of votes received by October 30, 2015, at 12 pm CT:
- The overall “Thundering Thurston” Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package from Bambinos Boutique valued at $600. It includes a personalized Kantik block printed play quilt of the winner’s choice and a $500 Bambinos gift certificate. They will also receive a preemie power cape and a Gloworm toy, Thurston’s favorite toy. This award was created in memory of Thurston M, Preemie Power 2010 Winner.
- The winning entry in each age group will receive a prize valued at approximately $150 and a preemie power cape.
- The Executive Director Award (not dependent on votes) will receive a prize valued at $150 and a preemie power cape.
If you’d like to contribute a prize for 2015, contact Jennifer Hayhurst.
Families from 31 states shared personal and inspiring stories about how their premature and medically fragile infants continually demonstrate super hero qualities while facing a range of physical and medical challenges in Hand to Hold’s sixth annual Preemie Power Photo & Essay Contest.
Please contact Kelli Kelley at kelli [at] handtohold [dot] org.