After much deliberation, Hand to Hold and Mead Johnson Nutrition are pleased to announce the NICU Award Winner for 2013 is Pennsylvania neonatologist Dr. Gerard “Gerry” Cleary of Abington Memorial Hospital. See the press release and blog announcement.
In addition, this year’s 2013 NICU Heroes Award finalists include the following:
- Cathy Jagelewski, NICU Nurse, St. Mary’s Hospital, Evansville, IN
- Suzie Glass, NICU Nurse, Methodist Germantown, Memphis, TN
- Dr. John Loyd, neonatologist, Seton Healthcare, Austin, TX
- Dr. Anthony Orsini, neonatologist, Atlantic Health, Morristown, NJ
- Amy Garrett, NICU Nurse, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
- Dr. Jorge Rojas, neonatologist, Baptist Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Ann Christensen, NICU Nurse, Theda Clark Medical Center, Neenah, WI
More than 130 healthcare professionals were nominated by parents for this award, which recognizes and honors neonatal healthcare professionals who go above and beyond to care for their patients and their patients’ families. We are grateful to each family and healthcare provider for participating in this contest. It was obvious to us and our independent panel of judges, consisting of NICU parents and NICU health care providers, that there are indeed many deserving NICU heroes who are committed to a high standard of compassionate care for newborns and their families. Thank you for sharing your NICU journey and your NICU Hero’s story with us.