Families from 21 U.S. states nominated neonatal nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals who helped make a difference for their preterm or medically fragile newborns. Hand to Hold and Mead Johnson Nutrition are pleased to announce the two winners of a NICU Heroes Award this year.
- Joann Thorpe, RNC, neonatal nurse at Dignity Health Mercy Medical Center in Redding, California and
- Aryan Azimi-Zonooz, MD, a neonatologist from St. Charles Bend Hospital in Bend, Oregon.
Four finalists have also been commended for their outstanding care as 2015 NICU Heroes Award Finalists! See the press release for the 2015 Finalists.
- Shay Miller, RN, BSN, neonatal nurse at USA Children’s and Women’s Hospital in Mobile, Alabama;
- Heather Laubmeier RN, BSN, neonatal nurse at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, Arizona;
- Meredithe Mullen, BSN, RNC, neonatal nurse at University of Iowa Children’s Hospital in Iowa City, Iowa;
- Cindy Enke, BSN, RNC, neonatal nurse at St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas in Austin, Texas; and
We congratulate each health care provider and are grateful to the families for sharing the amazing care they received! We look forward to celebrating with the winners at their hospitals very soon!