Christian & Landon L. ~ Super Hero Alias: Tiny Warriors
Age: 13 months
Weight at Birth: 1lb 15oz & 2lbs 3oz
Weeks Gestation: 27 weeks
Time in the NICU: Christian: 195 days, Landon: 75 days
Diagnosis, complications, surgeries?
Apgars: Christian – 1, 5, 7; Landon – 1, 7, 9
- Intraventricular Hemmorhage, Grade II (Christian)
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (Christian)
- Patent Ductus Arteriosis (Both)
- Ventricular Septal Defect (Christian)
- Cholestatic Jaundice (Christian)
- Retinopathy of Prematurity (Both)
- GERD (Both)
- Transfusions (Christian: 6 Landon: 3)
- UTI (Christian)
- 2 ALTE (Christian)
- Bilateral Inguinal Hernias (Christian)
- Hydrocele (Landon)
- Subglottic Stenosis (Christian)
- Bronchoscopy with removal of transglottic granulation tissue (Christian)
- PH probe (Christian)
- Bilateral Inguinal Hernia repair (Christian)
- Nissen Fundoplication (Christian)
- Gastrostomy Tube placement (Christian)
Why should your children be recognized as “Preemies of the Year”?
Born at 27 weeks gestation, Christian (PROM at 24 weeks) and Landon came into the world ready to fight. Landon powered through and met milestones with great strength and determination. He came home after 11 weeks in the NICU. Christian had a longer road and was slowed by his respiratory deficiencies. He spent 4 months on a ventilator and after countless failed extubation attempts, was scheduled for a tracheotomy. The day before his trach surgery, the doctors tried one last time to extubate — and Christian, with oxygen support, breathed on his own. At 6.5 months old, Christian finally came home for the first time… and thrived. Now at 13 months old, you wouldn’t know what kind of start they had!
Using three or more typical characteristics of a Super Hero, please describe your children.
Strong-willed, Determined, Fighters, Courageous