In this episode
Kelli talks with special guest Sue Ludwig of the National Association of Neonatal Therapists about:
- The role of a neonatal therapist
- Why NICU babies may need occupational and/or speech therapy
- Tips for bonding with your baby in the NICU
- How to best engage your baby via touch, hearing and smell
- Programs that are available to families once baby goes home
Resources mentioned in this podcast
From Hand to Hold:
- Resources Every NICU Family Should Know
- What Does a Neonatal Therapist Do?
- What Does a Physical Therapist Do?
- Understanding Your Child’s Development: What Are Milestones?
From Preemie Babies 101, Hand to Hold’s Official Blog:
- How My Kids’ Therapy Team Saved Me
- What Physical Therapy has Meant for My Preemie and Me
- Finding Good Therapy Services for Your NICU Baby
- Home-Based vs. Clinic-Based Therapy
Subscribe to the NICU Now Podcast!
Do you have suggestions or comments about the podcast? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your feedback here.
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact jessica [at] handtohold [dot] org.