Kelli and NICU Healing‘s Kara Wahlin discuss:
- Kara’s experience with the loss of her son William
- The parents’ rights should they face the loss of a baby in the NICU or in the case of a fetal demise diagnosis or stillbirth
- How parents can find a way to cope and eventually heal after loss
- Understanding symptoms of grief and preventing depression
- How bereaved parents can support each other
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support
- Zoe Rose Memorial Foundation
- When Your Baby Dies
- The Miss Foundation
- Preemie Parent Alliance
- NICU Helping Hands
From Hand to Hold:
- Grieving Together as a Family
- How Many Children Do You Have?
- After the Loss: A Dad’s Perspective on What Helps…and What Doesn’t
- Do I Need Support? What Peer Support Has Meant to Me
From Preemie Babies 101, Hand to Hold’s Official Blog:
- They May Look Like Twins, but They’re Triplets
- Finding Purpose After Infant Loss
- Living With Grief: My Story of Infant Loss
- A Healthy Way to Grieve the Loss of a Baby
- Rewriting the Story of Partnership After a Crisis
Subscribe to the NICU Now Podcast!
Do you have suggestions or comments about the podcast? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your feedback here.
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact jessica [at] handtohold [dot] org.