In this episode
Kelli and NICU Healing‘s Kara Wahlin discuss:
- How we must grieve before we can heal
- The difference between post-traumatic growth and life transformations
- Rebuilding and transforming our lives after trauma
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- Personal growth in the wake of stress: The case of mothers of preterm twins
- Bearing Witness to Pain After a Trauma
- Stronger and More Vulnerable: A Balanced View of the Impacts of the NICU Experience on Parents
- Tim J. Lawrence
- Everything Doesn’t Happen for a Reason
From Hand to Hold:
- Understanding PTSD: When the Stress of the NICU Persists
- Everything is Together, Why Am I Falling Apart?
- Is This Normal? How the NICU Impacts Your Emotional Health
- (Video) Understanding PTSD After a NICU Stay
From Preemie Babies 101, Hand to Hold’s Official Blog:
- Knowing the Signs of Postpartum Depression
- Birth Trauma & Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Embracing Post-Traumatic Growth: Is Growth Possible After a Trauma?
- Going Back to the Scene of a Trauma: Finding Closure and Healing
Subscribe to the NICU Now Podcast!
Do you have suggestions or comments about the podcast? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your feedback here.
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact jessica [at] handtohold [dot] org.