This episode of Hand to Hold’s NICU Now Podcast is sponsored by Prolacta Bioscience®, the pioneer in providing 100% donor milk-based nutrition for premature infants in the NICU. Only Prolacta offers a Human Milk Fortifier made exclusively from 100% donor milk. For more information visit prolacta.com.
In this episode
- How parents can avoid letting stress and anxiety take over and find their footing in the NICU
- Advice for empowering yourself as a parent and becoming your baby’s advocate
- How to embrace your feelings of guilt and inadequacy, for they are normal, but to let go of the expectations you once had for your pregnancy/baby
- Overcoming guilt and fear of caring for a disabled child
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- Girl in Glass by Deanna Fei
- Premature Babies Have Increased Nutritional Needs, from Prolacta Bioscience
- NICU Healing
From Hand to Hold:
- Is This Normal? How the NICU Impacts Your Emotional Health
- Bonding with Your Medically Fragile Baby in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Nourishing Your Premature Baby in the NICU
- Preemie Nutrition: Increasing Your Milk Supply (video)
- Preemie Nutrition: Nutritional Needs and Fortification (video)
From Preemie Babies 101, Hand to Hold’s Official Blog:
- How to Communicate with Your Baby’s Care Team
- New to the NICU? 10 Questions to Ask
- What is NICU Family-Centered Care?
- 5 Ways to Tap the Power of Your Preemie Parent Voice
- Empowerment and Advocacy for Your Child in the NICU and Beyond
Listeners may also find these resources helpful:
- Why Donate? from Prolacta Bioscience
- Being Your Baby’s Advocate, from Every Tiny Thing
- Parent Advocates: Born in the NICU, from prematurity.org
- Advocating for Your Baby in the NICU, from What to Expect
Subscribe to the NICU Now Podcast!
Do you have suggestions or comments about the podcast? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your feedback here.
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact jessica [at] handtohold [dot] org.