This episode of Hand to Hold’s NICU Now Podcast is sponsored by Huggies®. Huggies® diapers and wipes are inspired by parents’ hugs. The new No Baby Unhugged program ensures babies — even the tiniest ones — get the hugs they need by helping parents and healthcare professionals through their products, new Hugging Programs in Hospitals, expert resources to foster healthy skin and development, and continued diaper and wipes donations. For more information, Huggies.com/NoBabyUnhugged
In this episode
- Kelli discusses the difference between bonding with a newborn just after delivery and bonding with a medically fragile infant in the NICU
- How bonding benefits both the baby and the parent
- How parents who may be suffering from PPD may find it more difficult to bond with their baby, and how parents can process their emotions so they can start the bonding process
- The benefits of parents being integrated into their baby’s care in the NICU
Resources mentioned in this podcast
From Hand to Hold:
- Is This Normal? How the NICU Impacts Your Emotional Health
- The Benefits of Kangaroo Care
- Bonding with Your Medically Fragile Baby in the NICU
From NICU Family Voices, Hand to Hold’s Official Blog:
- Kangaroo Care and Beyond: Building Attachment with Your Baby, One Hug at a Time
- So Many Ways to Bond with Your Preemie
- Techniques for Building Resilience in the NICU
- PPD and PTSD in Fathers
- PPD After a Complicated Delivery
Listeners may also find these resources helpful:
- How to Bond with Your Premature Baby in the NICU, from BabyCenter
- Tiny Miracles: How to Bond with Your NICU Baby, from SheKnows
Subscribe to the NICU Now Podcast!
Do you have suggestions or comments about the podcast? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your feedback here.
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact jessica [at] handtohold [dot] org.