In this episode
Studies now find that NICU fathers are at higher risk of developing postpartum depression, anxiety disorders and PTSD. In this episode, Kelli talks candidly with three NICU dads:
- Michael Kelley, father to Jackson, a micropreemie born at 24 weeks and Lauren, a late-term preemie born at 34 weeks
- Scott Whitaker, father to Luke, who was born at 36 weeks and suffered intrauterine growth restriction and necrotizing entercolitis
- Michael Beatty, father to Liam, born at 30 weeks
From Hand to Hold:
From Preemie Babies 101, Hand to Hold’s Official Blog:
- The Night I Met My Son
- Postpartum Depression and PTSD in Fathers
- Father’s Day: Nostalgic Grief and Helping Out Dads
- An Interview with a NICU Dad
- Six Ways Dads Can Help in the NICU
Subscribe to the NICU Now Podcast!
Do you have suggestions or comments about the podcast? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your feedback here.
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact jessica [at] handtohold [dot] org.