Our Sustaining Circle of Love recognizes dedicated annual donors who are passionate about advancing Hand to Hold’s mission.
In 2018, funding will support vital program development such as:
- Provide training to our peer mentors to recognize signs of mood-disorders
- Provide bereavement support to families who experience loss
- Manage and produce both the NICU Now podcast and the NICU Heroes podcast for families and NICU professionals
- Create free resources for NICU graduate parents to continue to support them after the NICU
The emotional, physical, financial and psychological impact of caring for a medically fragile child can be life-altering. Research shows that a traumatic birth experience and/or loss leaves new parents at risk for developing serious mental health diagnoses such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder. These mood disorders impact the parents’ ability to bond with their baby, increasing the risk that the baby will not receive appropriate follow-up care. These issues can also result in divorce and child abuse. It is vital that parents receive support and education to help reduce the impact of a NICU stay on families and ensure better outcomes for babies.
As our special thanks to you, our Sustaining Circle of Love members receive:
- Recognition on website, annual report, and Baby Shower Luncheon program
- Monthly Sustaining Circle of Love newsletter
- Exclusive invitation to an annual member event
- Annual tour of the NICU
Hear how Hand to Hold is making a meaningful difference in the lives of NICU and bereaved parents.
“Community is everything in times of need, and Hand to Hold relies on community support to offer [their] services.”
– Melissa Cason, NICU Parent, and Sustaining Circle Member since 2016
LOVEannual pledge for 3 years
HOPEannual pledge for 3 years
FAITHmonthly pledge for 3 years
Thank you to our Sustaining Circle of Love Members!
Megan & Michael Helmbrecht
Kelli & Mike Kelley
Anita Perez Najar