Episode 17: Bed Rest with a Multiples Pregnancy
In this episode:
- Kelli and Crystal discuss Crystal’s experience of giving birth to twins after being on bed rest
- How Crystal used journaling and music therapy to help her cope with being on bed rest
- The health and financial challenges of being on bed rest
- What should women on bed rest ask of their families and friends
- What Crystal does on the Parent Advisory Council at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Crystal’s advice for other women on bed rest
Guest: Crystal Duffy
- Twin to Twin: The Duffy Girls’ Birth Story
- Meet the Professional: What Does a Patient and Family Advisor Do?
- Caring for Your Mental Health During a High-Risk Pregnancy and on Bed Rest
- Staying Sane on Hospital Bed Rest
- Words of Wisdom for Mamas on Bed Rest
- 10 Activities for Bonding with Your Child During Pregnancy Bed Rest
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.