Episode 18: Bed Rest with a High-Risk Pregnancy
In this episode:
- Kelli and Jennifer discuss Jennifer’s high-risk fourth pregnancy with her daughter, Joy.
- Jennifer talks about her experience on bed rest both at home and at the hospital.
- She discusses her emotions during bed rest and the depression and guilt that resulted from that experience.
- The difficulties of being on bed rest while having other kids at home
- How Jennifer’s experience on bed rest and in the NICU with her daughter led her to write her two books, From Hope to Joy and Stuck in Bed.
Guest: Jennifer Degl
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- From Hope to Joy: A Memoir of a Mother’s Determination and Her Micro Preemie’s Struggle to Beat the Odds
- Stuck in Bed: The Pregnancy Bed Rest Picture Book for Kids…and Moms
- Speaking for Moms and Babies, Inc
- International Neonatal Consortium
- The Morgan Leary Vaughan Fund
- The Mighty
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.