Episode 2: From Powerless to Empowered – Learning to Advocate for Your Baby in the NICU
In this episode
- How parents can avoid letting stress and anxiety take over and find their footing in the NICU
- Advice for empowering yourself as a parent and becoming your baby’s advocate
- How to embrace your feelings of guilt and inadequacy, for they are normal, but to let go of the expectations you once had for your pregnancy/baby
- Overcoming guilt and fear of caring for a disabled child
- How to Communicate with Your Baby’s Care Team
- 7 Tips for Advocating for Your Kids
- New to the NICU? 10 Questions to Ask
- What is NICU Family-Centered Care?
- 5 Ways to Tap the Power of Your Preemie Parent Voice
Listeners may also find these resources helpful:
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.