Episode 52: Stitched With Your Color – Love & Loss in the NICU
Guest: Anissa Scholes
In this episode:
- Anissa discusses her pregnancy with Elisabeth and finding out she has Trisomy 18
- What is Trisomy 18, and what are the typical symptoms?
- What was it like at home for a baby with Trisomy 18?
- How grief is a singular experience
- Why it’s important to believe the griever
- Grieving a child when you have other children at home
Content Warning: This episode may cover sensitive topics that may bring up emotions or take you back to some difficult memories. If at any time it becomes too much, please make sure to step away, take some deep breaths, go outside, or have some quiet time alone.
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.
Support Our Podcasts!
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact Sarah Inbau.
This page was last modified on email@example.com.. If you see any information that needs to be updated or corrected, please contact