Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of families who have had a loss or a baby in the NICU? We invite you to consider joining our team.
Here at Hand to Hold, our success comes from passionate team members who demonstrate strong initiative and responsibility, plus the ability to adapt and face challenges as our organization grows.
Current Job Openings
Bilingual NICU Ambassador - Austin
Hand to Hold, a national NICU family support non-profit, seeks a part-time bilingual Ambassador to fulfill our contractual agreement with Seton Medical Center in Austin. This position will provide peer psycho-social support and education for NICU families in partnership with Seton hospital staff. Support may be provided in both community and hospital settings either one-on-one or in a group. The Ambassador’s primary responsibilities will include visiting families one-on-one at their baby’s bedside, facilitating weekly support programs, distributing milestone beads and hosting holiday events, all with a goal to reduce the negative impact of a NICU stay and ensure the best outcome for the entire family.
There are also reporting requirements to supervisors and hospital staff about the interactions. The Ambassador will be required to track and report data about their interactions with patients’ families to measure impact, performance and overall effectiveness of the support they provide.
The Ambassador will serve as Hand to Hold’s primary representative at Seton for NICU staff and NICU families in conjunction with other Austin Ambassadors. This candidate must demonstrate an empathetic personality combined with a dynamic professional attitude to convey Hand to Hold’s mission and values on behalf of the entire organization.
The position is hourly and estimated to be 20 hours per week. In this role, qualified applicants are required to be available to serve shifts at Seton up to three times per week. Strong preference is given for someone who is eager to apply support and verbal communication skills in a non-profit environment. The applicant should be able to take direction, work well with others virtually, be professional and work efficiently.
This part-time paid position will be responsible for serving NICU families and expanding awareness of Hand to Hold’s mission. Personal experience with Hand to Hold’s mission is required.
- Provide support and encouragement to families during their NICU stay.
- Identify and provide timely and effective peer psycho-social support and interventions for families.
- Disburse Hand to Hold resources and NICU Milestone beads to parents and families in the NICU.
- Facilitate support groups using Hand to Hold’s custom support group curriculum.
- Facilitate sibling events using Hand to Hold’s custom sibling support curriculum.
- Provide bereavement support for families who have experienced a loss at any point in pregnancy or early infancy.
- Serve as liaison between Hand to Hold and NICU staff.
- Track and report program data to measure impact, performance and overall effectiveness of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU is required.
- Ability to provide culturally-competent support and education in English and Spanish (being bilingual is required).
- Work or internship experience in health care, early childhood intervention, or maternal health care programs.
- Licensure or experience in the perinatal or mental health fields is preferred.
- Experience working with children and families, including those with disabilities.
- Willingness to learn and apply best practices in health literacy and medical education.
- Willingness to learn and abide by best practices in peer support.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Ability to think proactively, address problems creatively, and take initiative appropriately.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and verbal communication skills.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.