Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of families who have had a loss or a baby in the NICU? We invite you to consider joining our team.
Here at Hand to Hold, our success comes from passionate team members who demonstrate strong initiative and responsibility, plus the ability to adapt and face challenges as our organization grows.
Current Job Openings
Hand to Hold, a national NICU family support nonprofit, seeks a part-time Ambassador to fulfill our contractual agreement with St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas (SDWCT) in Austin. This position will provide peer psychosocial support and education for NICU families in partnership with SDWCT hospital staff. Support may be provided in both community and hospital settings either one-on-one or in a group. The Ambassador’s primary responsibilities will include visiting families one-on-one at their baby’s bedside, facilitating weekly support programs, distributing milestone beads and hosting holiday events, all with a goal to reduce the negative impact of a NICU stay and ensure the best outcome for the entire family.
There are also reporting requirements to supervisors and hospital staff about the interactions. The Ambassador will be required to track and report data about their interactions with patients’ families to measure impact, performance and overall effectiveness of the support they provide.
The Ambassador will serve as Hand to Hold’s primary representative at SDWCT for NICU staff and NICU families in conjunction with other Austin Ambassadors. This candidate must demonstrate an empathetic personality combined with a dynamic professional attitude to convey Hand to Hold’s mission and values on behalf of the entire organization.
The position is hourly and estimated to be 15 to 20 hours per week. In this role, qualified applicants are required to be available to serve shifts at SDWCT up to three times per week. Strong preference is given for someone who is eager to apply support and verbal communication skills in a nonprofit environment. The applicant should be able to take direction, work well with others virtually, be professional and work efficiently.
This part-time paid position will be responsible for serving NICU families and expanding awareness of Hand to Hold’s mission. Personal experience with Hand to Hold’s mission is required. Preference will be given to bilingual candidates that speak both English and Spanish.
- Provide support and encouragement to families during their NICU stay.
- Identify and provide timely and effective peer psychosocial support and interventions for families.
- Disburse Hand to Hold resources and NICU Milestone beads to parents and families in the NICU.
- Facilitate support groups using Hand to Hold’s custom support group curriculum.
- Facilitate sibling events using Hand to Hold’s custom sibling support curriculum.
- Provide bereavement support for families who have experienced a loss at any point in pregnancy or early infancy.
- Serve as liaison between Hand to Hold and NICU staff.
- Track and report program data to measure impact, performance and overall effectiveness of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU is required.
- Ability to provide culturally-competent support and education in English.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Work or internship experience in health care, early childhood intervention or maternal health care programs.
- Licensure or experience in the perinatal or mental health fields is preferred.
- Experience working with children and families, including those with disabilities.
- Willingness to learn and apply best practices in health literacy and medical education.
- Willingness to learn and abide by best practices in peer support.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Ability to think proactively, address problems creatively, and take initiative appropriately.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and verbal communication skills.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com.
Hand to Hold, a national non-profit providing NICU family support through several service-oriented programs, seeks a Marketing Director. Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing Director is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategy to meet long and short-term business objectives. Responsible for developing marketing policies, programs and systems to support strategic direction, this role is accountable for delivery of all marketing programs using a low-cost and high-impact model of execution. Specific responsibilities include strategic direction for consumer and enterprise marketing plans, website, email, social media, PR, podcast channels, conferences and events, coordination with sales and directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff.
The position is part of the senior management team that drives overall strategy for the organization. The Marketing Director will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes, communications and metric evaluation in order to position the organization for continued growth and success.
This is a full-time position with an expected salary range of $55,000-$60,000 (based on experience), three weeks paid vacation and a flexible schedule.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve goals.
- Set and manage annual marketing budget.
- Oversee and direct integrated marketing programs including PR, demand generation, content, creative services, sales enablement.
- Provide leadership and support the design and development of marketing collateral.
- Development of marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
- Provide input and support to the development of sales channel strategy.
- Create digital marketing strategy and develop media kit and advertising sales strategy for Hand to Hold’s multiple podcast channels and other assets including website, blog and newsletter.
- Prepare presentations to explain the organization’s current and future service offerings.
- Oversee and direct market research, competitor analyses and customer service & retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
- Serve as staff lead for Marketing Committee. Work with board member lead to set agenda and oversee projects. Participate in full board meetings, as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business preferred.
- Minimum five years progressive experience in marketing and communication roles.
- People management experience.
- Hands-on experience with the development, execution, management and analysis of marketing communications programs via web, email and social media.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Available to travel for sales meetings, industry meetings and conferences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for Hand to Hold’s mission.
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU and/or work experience in health care, early childhood intervention or maternal health care programs a plus.