Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of families who have had a loss or a baby in the NICU? We invite you to consider joining our team.
Here at Hand to Hold, our success comes from passionate team members who demonstrate strong initiative and responsibility, plus the ability to adapt and face challenges as our organization grows.
Current Job Openings
Hand to Hold, a national NICU family support nonprofit, seeks a Volunteer Coordinator. This part-time, $15/hour position is responsible for recruiting and maintaining the organization’s volunteer base as well as ensuring the volunteers are utilized effectively to keep up with Hand to Hold’s growing needs.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Volunteer Coordinator oversees the recruitment, training, scheduling and stewardship of volunteers and coordinates all volunteer activity in support of Hand to Hold. This person serves as the main point of contact for volunteers as well as the internal lead organizing volunteer support to handle assignments.
The Volunteer Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring volunteers have a positive experience with Hand to Hold and a connection with the organization’s mission in order to retain their support as volunteers and/or convert them to financial donors. Personal experience with Hand to Hold’s mission is a plus.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures and standards of volunteer service
- Volunteer training/onboarding
- Evaluate all aspects of the volunteer program to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain Volunteer Service descriptions for common recurring volunteer assignments
- Develop, promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Develop and maintain the process for recruiting new volunteers to Hand to Hold; attend recruiting events and publicize opportunities to engage new volunteers
- Serve as main contact for, and coordinate with, outside volunteer organizations to help Hand to Hold with volunteer needs (National Charity League, UT student organizations, Junior League, etc.)
- Poll staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance, including support for hospital events, fundraising events, Team Hand to Hold activities, Ambassador Program deliverables and Online Store inventory maintenance
- Schedule all volunteer activities and ensure staff supervision of volunteers; conduct volunteer orientation and training as needed
- Maintain and grow list of volunteers, tracking their contact details and interests in the database
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers, acting as the single point of contact for communications
- Create and distribute regularly scheduled communications to keep volunteers engaged in the organization’s mission, including volunteer highlights and upcoming opportunities and events relevant to volunteers
- Develop and coordinate plan for volunteer appreciation and recognition; organize and participate in volunteer recognition and special events
- Submit weekly and monthly reports – expense reports, volunteer reports – in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1-3 years relevant work experience. Previous nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends to accommodate volunteer availability
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think proactively, address problems creatively and take initiative appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work closely and collaboratively on teams
- Proficiency with MS Office or similar software preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for Hand to Hold’s mission
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU is a plus