Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of families who have had a loss or a baby in the NICU? We invite you to consider joining our team.
Here at Hand to Hold, our success comes from passionate team members who demonstrate strong initiative and responsibility, plus the ability to adapt and face challenges as our organization grows.
Hand to Hold Director of Development
Hand to Hold is a national non-profit organization providing NICU family support through a number of service-oriented programs. Reporting to the founder and CEO, the Director of Development will build and execute the strategic development plan for Hand to Hold.
Managing a growing staff of team members, this full-time and exempt position will be responsible for the development and execution of Hand to Hold’s annual fundraising plan. This person will also serve as a key external face of Hand to Hold, creating, sustaining, and managing relationships with past, current, and potential donors.
The position is part of the senior management team that drives overall strategy for the organization. The Director of Development will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes, communications and metric evaluation in order to position the organization for continued growth and success.
- Lead development team and Development Committee, monitor and report on progress weekly, monthly and annually to ensure all financial goals are achieved
- Provide direction for annual fundraising campaigns, grant identification, program and event sponsorships, stewardship and more
- Develop a comprehensive cultivation and solicitation strategy to meet or exceed organizational budget goals
- Manage implementation of all cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations strategies and activities related to individual, private foundation and corporate gifts
- Manage budget related to fundraising and development efforts
- Update and maintain Hand to Hold’s stewardship policy
- Identify and write grants to support Hand to Hold programs
- Oversee grant writing consultants as appropriate
- Prepare grant reports upon completion of grant term
- Develop, cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, private foundations and corporate supporters
- Write and/or coordinate proposal writing and reporting as needed
- Implement and grow capacity campaign
- Create and execute donor appreciation plan
- Oversee planning & execution and seek corporate funding for special events
- Work in tandem with Marketing team and other departments to develop public relations, advertising, marketing and communications strategies, plans and collateral that support fundraising efforts
- Take on other responsibilities as may be assigned by the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years work experience with at least 5 years in development and 3 years in a team management role
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and growth
- Experience leading an annual major gift campaign
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
- Available to travel for donor meetings, industry meetings, and conferences
- Proficient in Salesforce, HubSpot or equivalent CRM software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Hand to Hold’s mission
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU is preferred
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.