Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of families who have had a loss or a baby in the NICU? We invite you to consider joining our team.
Here at Hand to Hold, our success comes from passionate team members who demonstrate strong initiative and responsibility, plus the ability to adapt and face challenges as our organization grows.
Intern - Marketing and Communications
Hand to Hold is a national non-profit organization providing NICU family support through a number of service-oriented programs. We are looking for both fall and spring interns interested in marketing and communications. This internship is open to candidates who are currently attending college/university and working towards completion of a communications, marketing, or advertising degree program.
The Marketing and Communications intern will work alongside the Marketing Manager on projects. The primary intern goals and projects include:
- Monthly newsletter (email marketing) sent to our donor and volunteer base
- Hand to Hold’s podcasts that currently consist of 5 different shows
- Assist in scriptwriting, transcribing
- Learn about editing software and the podcast hosting platform
- Opportunities to manage social media and learn about nonprofit development and fundraising
Top Candidate Qualifications:
- Participating in a relevant college degree program
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Hand to Hold’s mission.
- Bold – although Hand to Hold is an established nonprofit that has been around for 10+ years, we are rapidly growing and always welcome new ideas
- Compassionate – Hand to Hold works with families facing heartache, grief, and trauma. We meet them where they are with grace and acceptance.
- Interest in NICU, maternal mental health, and health equity is a plus
- Internships are unpaid with eligible course credit (must be enrolled in college course)
- Hourly position: estimated at 10+ hours per week
- Flexible work schedule
- Supervision from Hand to Hold Marketing Manager
- Hand to Hold’s staff is currently working remotely, but this internship may require occasional assistance at the office during podcast recordings and video filming.
- Areas of focus are nonprofit marketing, email marketing, podcasting, nonprofit fundraising
To apply, please contact our Internship and HR Recruitment department at email@example.com.