Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of families who have had a loss or a baby in the NICU? We invite you to consider joining our team.
Here at Hand to Hold, our success comes from passionate team members who demonstrate strong initiative and responsibility, plus the ability to adapt and face challenges as our organization grows.
Current Job Openings
Hand to Hold, a national NICU family support non-profit, seeks a full-time Operations Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position oversees the general management of all financial, technological, administrative and facilities-based functions, which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, human resources, information management, office management and facilities. Responsibilities include a heavy emphasis on staff support, accounting, budget setting, quality control, and metrics.
Managing a growing staff, the Operations Manager is responsible for the success of back-end operations that provide the infrastructure for the organization. This person also serves as a key external face of Hand to Hold with the organization’s primary vendors.
The Operations Manager is instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen Hand to Hold’s operations and position the organization for continued success. Personal experience with Hand to Hold’s mission is a plus.
Oversee financial management, including:
- Evaluate, develop and recommend fiscal policy that will result in sound fiscal management
- Manage corporate budget preparation and administration
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up-to-date
- Compile and sort documents such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and total accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records and review them for accuracy
- Reconcile monthly bank statements and manage annual tax return process
- Ensure adherence to tax law requiring nonprofits to acknowledge tax deductibility of donations
- Manage payroll and enter staff information into online system
- Coordinate and prepare pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors
- Collaborate with senior staff to ensure sound contract negotiations that best support and protect Hand to Hold’s fiscal plans and policies
Oversee human resources, including:
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Provide direction in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and ensure changes are communicated and proper compliance is followed
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Supervise HR staff and provide direction for benefits administration, recruitment, on-boarding and termination
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
Oversee facilities management, including:
- Manage office staff and provide direction for general office maintenance
- Manage agreements for offices and storage unit space
- Manage accounts and contracts with all major organization vendors, including equipment vendors, technology vendors, etc.
- Serve as staff lead for Finance Committee. Work with board member lead to set agenda and oversee projects. Participate in full board meetings, as needed.
- Supervise and support personnel serving in administrative, financial, facilities and human resources roles.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years’ work experience with at least 3 years in a team management role.
- Proficiency with accounting software, including Quickbooks Online.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating nonprofit operational plans.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and operational efficiency.
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance.
- Willingness to train staff and apply best practices in financial management and human resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively is a must.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Hand to Hold’s mission.
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU is preferred.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.