NICU Heroes Podcast
Hand to Hold believes that NICU parents are often just as fragile as their babies.
Nurses are in a unique position to acknowledge and address many of the challenges families face during a NICU stay and beyond.
Giving NICU professionals the tools and techniques to help them support families who are in crisis can help foster positive and trusting relationships between staff and the families in their care. The NICU Heroes podcast was created exclusively for NICU professionals, so they can better understand, support, and nurture the entire NICU family.
Using your smart phone, computer or tablet, tune in as you fly to work every day or when you’re doing every day human tasks, like washing the dishes or mowing the lawn. Each episode is worth one contact hour of nursing continuing education.
- Episode 1: A Life of Purpose | Claim CEU
- Episode 2: Psychosocial Support for NICU Families | Claim CEU
- Episode 3: Nothing About Us Without Us | Claim CEU
- Episode 4: Helping Parents Bond with Their Babies in the NICU | Claim CEU
- Episode 5: Overcoming Communication Barriers of Family-Centered Care | Claim CEU
- Episode 6: Modeling Motherhood in the NICU | Claim CEU
- Episode 7: Supporting Dads in the NICU | Claim CEU
- Episode 8: Avoiding Nurse Burnout in the NICU | Claim CEU
- Episode 9: Developmental Diapering | Claim CEU
- Episode 10: Self Care in the NICU | Claim CEU
- Episode 11: Avoiding Risks for SIDS and SUID | Claim CEU
- Episode 12: A NICU Professional’s Response to COVID-19 | Claim CEU
- Episode 13: A NICU Medical Professional in the Digital Age | Claim CEU
- Episode 14: The Importance of the Microbiome
Listen and Subscribe
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content.