Frequently Asked Questions
Help! My baby is in the NICU. What can I do to help my baby, my family and myself?
Visit our NICU Families page for support information, helpful resources, to listen to the NICU Now podcast or to connect with a volunteer Peer Mentor who can guide you through this difficult journey.
I need someone to talk to who understands. When can I contact Hand to Hold?
- Starting a high-risk pregnancy
- On bed rest
- Mourning the loss of a baby
- In the NICU
- Leaving the NICU
- Experiencing complications
- Receiving a new diagnosis
- Considering a new surgery or intervention for your child
- Facing re-hospitalization
- Having questions about your child’s development
- Wanting to know how to support siblings
You’re not alone. We’re here and we’re ready to help.