Episode 63: Is it Possible to Balance Home & Career with a NICU Baby?
Guest: Kelly Ferguson, Founder/Owner Kelly Wynne Handbags & NICU Mom
The truth is, home and career balance look different for every NICU family. Kelly Ferguson, NICU mom and business owner, shares her honest struggle about finding the right balance for her family in her particular season.
In this episode, we chat about:
- How and why did you start Kelly Wynne handbags?
- After you gave birth to your first daughter, how did you adjust to being a mom and running your own business?
- How did your second birth differ from your first?
- When you found yourself in the NICU, what priorities changed for you?
- What changed for you, professionally, after Faith’s NICU stay and subsequent therapies?
- How did you decide what to keep and what to give up with your business and your personal life?
- What things, or people, helped you make that decision?
- What’s your best advice to a parent who is trying to discern the best work/life balance for his/her family?
Kelly Wynne Ferguson is a mom, entrepreneur and founder of Kelly Wynne, a lifestyle handbag brand that’s been energizing women’s wardrobes for the past decade. Following the birth of her second daughter and a subsequent 42-day NICU stay, Kelly made an announcement that she is winding the business down in order to give her family her best self in this season of her life.
Connect with Kelly:
Watch on YouTube
Never miss out by subscribing to our channel here
Help other people find the show by sharing this video on your social media!
Listen and Subscribe
The NICU is hard. We’re here to help.
Hand to Hold is a national nonprofit dedicated to providing neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) parents with personalized emotional support, educational resources and community before, during and after their baby’s NICU stay. NICU support is available at no cost to NICU parents in English and Spanish.
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.