Episode 67: Preeclampsia: One couple’s story of grief, guilt & healing
Guest: Steve & Kelly Gurvis, NICU and bereaved parents
As we continue our four-part series on pre-eclampsia, this couple’s story about infertility, guilt, grief and healing will touch you, particularly NICU dads who often feel unseen in their loss.
In this episode, we chat about:
- Was your pregnancy considered high-risk from the beginning?
- When were you given a preeclampsia diagnosis?
- What do you want people to know about your experience with preeclampsia?
- How do you honor the life of your baby?
- As a couple, what did you learn about your marriage through this experience?
- Steve, what message do you have for NICU dads who might find themselves in a similar situation?
- What’s your best advice to a couple who has received a preeclampsia diagnosis or suffered infant loss?
Steve and Kelly Gurvis have been married for 24 years and have three sons: two living and one beautiful angel baby, Liam Anthony. They run their own businesses and stay active honoring Liam in every way possible. Steve and Kelly reside just outside of Chicago.
Connect with Steve and Kelly:
Watch on YouTube
Never miss out by subscribing to our channel here
Help other people find the show by sharing this video on your social media!
Listen and Subscribe
The NICU is hard. We’re here to help.
Hand to Hold is a national nonprofit dedicated to providing neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) parents with personalized emotional support, educational resources and community before, during and after their baby’s NICU stay. NICU support is available at no cost to NICU parents in English and Spanish.
Learn more or get support at handtohold.org.
Follow Hand to Hold on social media:
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.
Support Our Podcasts!
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact Sarah Inbau.