NICU Heroes Episode 17: Grief’s Tasks
Guest: Becca Van Tassel, LCSW
In this episode:
- Why Becca decided to specialize in grief and loss in her career as a counselor
- Why is processing the pain of grief so difficult?
- The difference between depression and grief
- What can couples do in order to move through the grief process together?
- How can parents help their children process grief?
- How can we memorialize those we have lost?
- How to deal with the guilt associated with grief This episode is not eligible for CEUs.
Content Warning: This episode may cover sensitive topics that may bring up emotions or take you back to some difficult memories. If at any time it becomes too much, please make sure to step away, take some deep breaths, go outside, or have some quiet time alone.
This episode is not eligible for CEUs.
The NICU is hard. We’re here to help.
Hand to Hold is a national nonprofit dedicated to providing neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) parents with personalized emotional support, educational resources and community before, during and after their baby’s NICU stay. NICU support is available at no cost to NICU parents in English and Spanish.
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content.