NICU Heroes Episode 22: Best Practices for Caring for Preemies
Guest: Dr. Anup Katheria, Neonatologist, Sharp Community Medical Group and Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
Director, Neonatal Research Institute and the Nemeth NICU Follow-Up Clinic, Principal Investigator, several clinical trials
In this episode:
- Describe at least one clinical trial being conducted by Dr. Katheria.
- Describe how Dr. Katheria’s research is promoting placental transfusion.
- List two countries with promising research that can improve the long-term outcomes of NICU babies.
- Describe the difference in research styles between a university-based hospital and a community-based hospital.
- List two benefits to kangaroo care.
This episode is eligible for CEUs. Visit https://handtohold.org/resources/podcasts/nicu-heroes/ to complete the questionnaire.
Facebook: Sharp Mary Birch
Watch on YouTube
Subscribe to and Rate NICU Heroes!
Never miss out by subscribing to our channel here
Help other people find the show by sharing this video on your social media!
Listen and Subscribe
The NICU is hard. We’re here to help.
Hand to Hold is a national nonprofit dedicated to providing neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) parents with personalized emotional support, educational resources and community before, during and after their baby’s NICU stay. NICU support is available at no cost to NICU parents in English and Spanish.
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content.