In this episode:
- Mia discusses her own NICU experience
- The emotions surrounding going back to work
- How to be transparent at work and in the NICU
- Importance of practicing self-care
- How the NICU trains you to be an advocate and leader
After we recorded this interview, we received news that Mia’s daughter lost her battle with congestive heart failure and passed away at just two years, seven months. Mia’s family has set up an endowment fund in their daughter’s name to support research at Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego, California. Click here to visit the endowment fund.
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.