NICU Now Episode 3: The Importance of Bonding with Your Medically Fragile Child
In this episode
- Kelli discusses the difference between bonding with a newborn just after delivery and bonding with a medically fragile infant in the NICU
- How bonding benefits both the baby and the parent
- How parents who may be suffering from PPD may find it more difficult to bond with their baby, and how parents can process their emotions so they can start the bonding process
- The benefits of parents being integrated into their baby’s care in the NICU
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- The Benefits of Kangaroo Care
- Bonding with Your Medically Fragile Baby in the NICU
- Techniques for Building Resilience in the NICU
- PPD and PTSD in Fathers
- PPD After a Complicated Delivery
Listeners may also find these resources helpful:
- How to Bond with Your Premature Baby in the NICU, from BabyCenter
- Tiny Miracles: How to Bond with Your NICU Baby, from SheKnows
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.
Support Our Podcasts!
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact Sarah Inbau.
This page was last modified on email@example.com.. If you see any information that needs to be updated or corrected, please contact