NICU Now Episode 4: Finding Your Footing as Parents in the Zero Zone
In this episodeKelli speaks with special guest Kelley Benham French, micro preemie mom and co-author Juniper: The Girl Who was Born Too Soon, about:
- The emotional experiences she faced in the NICU when her daughter Juniper was born at 23 weeks, 6 days
- Her feelings of failure for delivering her daughter early and struggling with pumping
- Her difficulty identifying as Juniper’s mother, and the agony of watching her daughter fight for her life in the NICU
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- Preemie by Kasey Matthews
- Anticipatory grief, as described by Dr. Michael Hynan, NICU parent and Professor Emeritus of Clinical Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Member of the Board of Directors of the National Perinatal Association
- Kara Wahlin, licensed marriage and family therapist and owner of NICU Healing
- C. JoyBell C., author
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.
Support Our Podcasts!
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact Sarah Inbau.
This page was last modified on firstname.lastname@example.org.. If you see any information that needs to be updated or corrected, please contact