NICU Heroes Episode 3: Nothing About Us Without Us
In this episode:
- What led Darlene into being a Family Consultant at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- What is the role of a Family Consultant?
- CHOP’s Family Partner Program
- Why family perspective is important for hospitals and how that perspective can be used
- What is Language of Caring?
- How can the role of a family consultant effect long term change in a hospital setting?
- Keira discusses her NICU experience with delivering triplets and how that led to her starting the Preemie Parent Alliance.
- How the unique perspective of other preemie parents can help families
- The mission of My NICU Network
Speaker: Darlene Barkman
This episode is sponsored by Huggies®.
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care
- Preemie Parent Alliance
- Language of Caring
- Zoe Rose Memorial Foundation
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses
- When Science Offers Salvation
- The Wellness Network
- My NICU Network
- National Perinatal Association
- Patient+Family Care
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content.