Episode 3: Nothing About Us Without Us
In this episode:
- What led Darlene into being a Family Consultant at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- What is the role of a Family Consultant?
- CHOP’s Family Partner Program
- Why family perspective is important for hospitals and how that perspective can be used
- What is Language of Caring?
- How can the role of a family consultant effect long term change in a hospital setting?
- Keira discusses her NICU experience with delivering triplets and how that led to her starting the Preemie Parent Alliance.
- How the unique perspective of other preemie parents can help families
- The mission of My NICU Network
Speaker: Darlene Barkman
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care
- Preemie Parent Alliance
- Language of Caring
- Zoe Rose Memorial Foundation
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses
- When Science Offers Salvation
- The Wellness Network
- My NICU Network
- National Perinatal Association
- Patient+Family Care
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Production assistance by Whitney Milam.