Episode 5: Overcoming Communication Barriers of Family Centered Care
In this episode:
- What is the Narrative Initiative and how it was started?
- How NICU professionals can find commonality with NICU parents
- What is patient and family-centered care?
- How language in communication affects those we’re communicating with
- How best to communicate with parents in the NICU
Guest: Dr. Lorraine Dickey
This episode is sponsored by Huggies.
Resources mentioned in this podcast
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content.