To provide comprehensive navigation resources and support programs to parents of preemies, babies born with special health care needs, and those who have experienced a loss due to these or other complications.
Hand to Hold’s vision is to enable a network of families to offer support, comfort and understanding to one another, and to provide them with knowledge, information and resources to reduce the impact of a NICU stay and ensure the best outcome for their children and family by:
- Empowering parents to advocate for their children
- Facilitating peer support and encouraging individual, couple and family counseling when needed
- Educating parents about the challenges their babies might face and preparing them to meet those needs
- Sharing support and resources to help comfort families following a terminal diagnosis or loss of a baby
- Working with healthcare professionals, hospital systems and specialists to ensure families thrive during and after a NICU stay