Request a Peer Mentor
Request a peer mentor today and get connected with and supported by a trained, NICU-graduate peer mentor. Hand to Hold carefully matches seasoned NICU and bereaved parents with new parents in need of support.
Having a baby in the NICU is life-altering. But you don’t have to do it alone.
We’re here for you when you need us, at any stage in your journey.
Having a mentor means that I never have to feel alone. I have someone to reach out to on bad days and good who truly gets how painful the setbacks are and how joyous the tiniest of victories.
Bre M., Germantown, TN
Even the act of reaching out to Hand to Hold has made me feel a little better, calmer. Just knowing I can get the support I need and taking that first step has been huge.”
Lavender M., Austin, TX
With the peer mentor program, we are able to:
- provide support within 24 hours
- create a peer-to-peer match within 48 hours
- match families based on their specific need
Peer support can*:
- offer comfort family and friends may not be able to provide
- provide a safe environment to share feelings
- empower parents to problem-solve and become advocates for their families and themselves
- help parents feel less alone
- increase acceptance of difficult situations and offer important resources for coping
*According to the National Perinatal Association
If you have been through a NICU experience or loss, then you have the power to help others. Volunteer as a peer mentor and we’ll train you and match you with a family whose story is similar to your own.