Hand to Hold’s core service is its peer-to-peer support matching program linking a seasoned parent of a preemie (Helping Hand) with a new parent of a preemie. The birth of a premature infant or a baby with special health care needs is an extremely challenging and life-altering time, and the challenges often continue well after the baby has been discharged from the hospital.
Families need a community. Hand to Hold was created so that every parent who has had an experience with preterm birth, life in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a child born with a special health care need, loss of pregnancy, and/or infant loss will be supported as they navigate the many challenges of caring for themselves and their family.
With the intention of providing a comprehensive network of assistance, information and education, Hand to Hold provides the following programs:
- Preemie Babies 101 - Hand to Hold’s blog written by parents for parents
- Meet the Provider – Your guide to the people and services who can help your family
- Helpful Articles - Everything you want to know about navigating the NICU and the world beyond.
- Our Online Resource Directory - A guide to finding the information, services, and products you need
- Educational Videos - The latest on nutrition, development, and caring for your emotional health
- Sibling Support - Resources and programs for the brothers and sisters of NICU babies
- Social Media Outlets – Like facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter
- And more.
While many of the face-to-face services are available in the Central Texas area, the peer-to-peer support matching program and online resources are available nationwide to allow parents to connect across the country to share their personal experiences. All Hand to Hold direct parent services are provided without charge. Please contact us to receive support today.