Having a baby is life-changing. Having a baby in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is life-altering. But parents do not have to do it alone. Whether their baby is premature, has special needs, or they are grieving a loss, Hand to Hold provides whole-family support to get through this challenging time.
Hand to Hold’s NICU Now Audio Support Series was produced for NICU parents just like you. Each episode is designed to help you understand and process your emotions, fears and questions related to your child’s NICU journey.
Using your smart phone, computer or tablet, tune in at your baby’s bedside, while you commute from home to the hospital, while pumping and enjoying kangaroo care time with your precious baby.
Listen to Kelli Kelley’s introduction below, where she talks about her experience with the preterm births of her son Jackson, a micro preemie, and her daughter Lauren, a late-term preemie, and what drove her to start the NICU Now Audio Support Series. Episodes 1 through 15 are now available on iTunes and Stitcher.
Subscribe to the NICU Now Podcast!
- Episode 1: You Are Not Alone – Coping with Guilt & Grief in the NICU
- Episode 2: From Powerless to Empowered – Learning to Advocate for Your Baby in the NICU
- Episode 3: The Importance of Bonding with Your Medically Fragile Child
- Episode 4: Finding Your Footing as Parents in the Zero Zone
- Episode 5: Understanding Your Emotions in the NICU
- Episode 6: Practicing Self Care in the NICU
- Episode 7: Reading to Your Baby in the NICU
- Episode 8: The Girl Who Lived – A Discussion with Tom French
- Episode 9: The Father’s Perspective: What New Dads Need to Know
- Episode 10: Understanding Developmental Care in the NICU
- Episode 11: The Healing Power of Music in the NICU
- Episode 12: Home Sweet Home
- Episode 13: Love and Loss in the NICU
- Episode 14: Life Transformations After NICU, Part 1
- Episode 15: Life Transformations After NICU, Part 2
Do you have suggestions or comments about the podcast? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your feedback here.
The NICU Now Audio Support Series was made possible through numerous individual donations, a grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Episodes are sponsored in part by Prolacta Bioscience and Huggies. Production by Milam Film Works, and music provided by The Mrs.