I always knew I wanted to take a series of photos of my child their first year, to document their growth… babies change so fast, I figured it would be a fun way to remember that stage of their lives.
We got pregnant with Connor, and I started making plans for his monthly photo shoots. But, those plans were derailed when he decided to arrive a little too early! Because he would spend the first several months of his life in the NICU, I had to get extra creative – so, the Monkey Series was born! Using a stuffed monkey that we could take with us to the hospital (which was nearly as big as he was in the beginning), I attempted to capture his rapid growth during his first 12 months:
Wondering how you could go about creating your own?
Here are 13 fun and creative ideas for baby photo series that we’ve found for you:
- Erica took pictures of her little guy wearing the same outfit, and watched him outgrow it.
- Nicole placed Eleanor and August in the same Eames rocking chair each month for their photos.
- Becka took photos of her son while holding him in the same pose and location for the first six months.
- Jade posed her twins in front of a chalkboard wall labeled with their monthly age, in the same chair for their first year.
- Sam videoed his son, Indigo, every day for the first year, and then edited it down to one second for each day to make this super fun video.
- Sherry & John used fun colored fabric as the background and photoshopped monthly labels to Clara’s white shirt each week for her first year, then monthly until she turned 3.
- Jen places her son in front of a chalkboard wall, notes all of his latest fun developments on the wall, and then captures all of the detail in monthly photos.
- Reichel took a photo from each week of Arden’s life, and turned it into this fun photo book.
- Ashley Ann laid her baby girl on top of an oversized office calendar, capturing both the actual date and her daughter’s growth.
- Julia used the same backdrop and monthly label stickers to photograph her son for his first year.
- Tabitha’s son was captured each month sitting in the same chair with the same stuffed animal.
- Julie photographed her son with fun felt letters over his head, spelling out his age.
- Johanna made an adorable baby book for Mia, using close-up head shots, and journaling for the month on the opposite page.