Give to Hand to Hold
Make a difference in the lives of NICU families.
Your gift will help ensure families get the vital support they need in the NICU and beyond.
The challenges of COVID-19 have compounded the trauma and stress families experience in the NICU: limited or no visiting hours, strict protocols, and lack of in-person support groups.
With your support, we can ensure that every family has a hand to hold during and after a NICU stay or in the event of a loss.
All donations made through December 31, 2020, will be matched by Huggies®, up to $25,000.
Your generous gift allows Hand to Hold to continue to provide more families than ever before with access to:
- Virtual support groups for NICU families, NICU-graduate families, bereaved families, Spanish-speaking families, and Black families
- Our Peer Mentor Program, where NICU parents in need of support can get connected with, and supported by, a trained, NICU-graduate peer mentor
- Free podcasts for NICU parents, NICU graduate parents, NICU dads, and bereaved families
- Private Facebook communities where families can connect, ask questions, and share their stories in a safe, supportive environment
- Free counseling services for Texas NICU graduate families looking to process their birth experience or seek treatment for possible perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
“The biggest hardship that COVID caused was the absence of the parent/family connection group that our NICU typically has. This was the hardest part for me because I truly needed to connect with others who were on or had been through this journey.
This led me to Hand to Hold, which has truly been a blessing. I’ve found so much support through Hand to Hold, and it was thanks to COVID.”
Drina S., NICU mom to Dominic, born at 34 weeks
Participates in Virtual Support Groups, Private Facebook Communities, Peer Mentor Program
HOW YOUR DONATION HELPS
provides daily moderation of the Hand to Hold NICU Families private Facebook community
matches a family with a trained, volunteer peer mentor
provides 10 families with parent bags with resources such as Navigating the NICU handbook and NICU Graduate Handbook
provides one counseling session for a NICU parent/couple or sponsors an annual Kangaroo Care celebration at one hospital