NICU Now Episode 19: Understanding Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC)
In this episode:
Guests: Dr. Mitch Goldstein and Stephanie Vaughn
- Goldstein explains what NEC is and who it typically affects
- He talks about the symptoms/signs of NEC, as well as the treatment plan
- Human milk fortifier and its effect on NEC
- What questions should NICU parents be asking about their baby’s nutrition?
- Kelli speaks to Stephanie Vaughan about her NICU experience with twin boys, Morgan and Shaymus
- Stephanie talks about finding out her son, Morgan, was diagnosed with NEC
- Morgan’s treatment plan with NEC and his recovery
- The trials of pumping in the NICU and at home
- What led Stephanie to starting The Morgan Leary Vaughan Fund
Guest Dr. Mitchell Goldstein
Resources mentioned in this podcast
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.
Support Our Podcasts!
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact Sarah Inbau.
This page was last modified on firstname.lastname@example.org.. If you see any information that needs to be updated or corrected, please contact