NICU Now Episode 2: From Powerless to Empowered – Learning to Advocate for Your Baby in the NICU
In this episode
- How parents can avoid letting stress and anxiety take over and find their footing in the NICU
- Advice for empowering yourself as a parent and becoming your baby’s advocate
- How to embrace your feelings of guilt and inadequacy, for they are normal, but to let go of the expectations you once had for your pregnancy/baby
- Overcoming guilt and fear of caring for a disabled child
Resources mentioned in this podcast
- Girl in Glass by Deanna Fei
- Premature Babies Have Increased Nutritional Needs, from Prolacta Bioscience
- NICU Healing
- How to Communicate with Your Baby’s Care Team
- 7 Tips for Advocating for Your Kids
- New to the NICU? 10 Questions to Ask
- What is NICU Family-Centered Care?
- 5 Ways to Tap the Power of Your Preemie Parent Voice
- Why Donate? from Prolacta Bioscience
- Being Your Baby’s Advocate, from Every Tiny Thing
- Parent Advocates: Born in the NICU, from prematurity.org
- Advocating for Your Baby in the NICU, from What to Expect
Hand to Hold's podcasts are produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for content.
Support Our Podcasts!
Donate now to ensure families continue to receive family-friendly support through the NICU Now Podcast! If you are interested in sponsoring an episode, please contact Sarah Inbau.
This page was last modified on firstname.lastname@example.org.. If you see any information that needs to be updated or corrected, please contact