Episode 2: Psychosocial Support for NICU Families
In this episode:
- Interdisciplinary Recommendations for Psychosocial Support of NICU Parents
- Why the mental health of families is just as important as the physical health of babies
- How psychosocial issues affect parents’ bonding with baby
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD of the NICU parent
- What can the NICU professional do to help alleviate and/or prevent anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- The importance of communication between the parents and NICU professionals
- The importance of peer support during the NICU journey
- What is Family-Centered Developmental Care?
- Role of mental health professionals in the NICU
- Family Integrated Care
- Palliative Care in the NICU
Guest: Dr. Sue Hall, neonatologist
Resources mentioned in this podcast
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Production assistance by Whitney Milam.