NICU Heroes Episode 2: Psychosocial Support for NICU Families
In this episode:
- Interdisciplinary Recommendations for Psychosocial Support of NICU Parents
- Why the mental health of families is just as important as the physical health of babies
- How psychosocial issues affect parents’ bonding with baby
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD of the NICU parent
- What can the NICU professional do to help alleviate and/or prevent anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- The importance of communication between the parents and NICU professionals
- The importance of peer support during the NICU journey
- What is Family-Centered Developmental Care?
- Role of mental health professionals in the NICU
- Family Integrated Care
- Palliative Care in the NICU
Guest: Dr. Sue Hall, neonatologist
This episode is sponsored by Huggies®.
Resources mentioned in this podcast
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content.