In this episode:
- The importance of the child/parent bond
- What is Family Nurture Intervention?
- How to better help families become emotionally connected to their baby in the NICU
- What is comfort touch and kangaroo care?
- What is scent cloth exchange and its benefits?
- How is eye contact important in the NICU?
- Voice in the NICU
- Kelli discusses the difference between bonding with a newborn just after delivery and bonding with a medically fragile infant in the NICU
- How bonding benefits the baby and the parent
- How parents suffering from PPD may find it more difficult to bond with their baby, and how parents can process their emotions so they can start the bonding process
- The benefits of parents being integrated into their baby’s care in the NICU
Guests: Kara Wahlin & Jasmine LeCoursiere
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content. Production assistance by Whitney Milam.