Episode 4: Helping Parents Bond with their Babies in the NICU
In this episode:
- The importance of the child/parent bond
- What is Family Nurture Intervention?
- How to better help families become emotionally connected to their baby in the NICU
- What is comfort touch and kangaroo care?
- What is scent cloth exchange and its benefits?
- How is eye contact important in the NICU?
- Voice in the NICU
- Kelli discusses the difference between bonding with a newborn just after delivery and bonding with a medically fragile infant in the NICU
- How bonding benefits the baby and the parent
- How parents suffering from PPD may find it more difficult to bond with their baby, and how parents can process their emotions so they can start the bonding process
- The benefits of parents being integrated into their baby’s care in the NICU
Guests: Kara Wahlin & Jasmine LeCoursiere
This episode is sponsored by Huggies®.
Resources mentioned in this podcast
The NICU Heroes podcast was made possible through numerous individual donations and is produced by Hand to Hold, which is solely responsible for its content.
Support Our Podcasts!
Donate now to ensure families and NICU professionals continue to receive family-friendly support and education through our podcasts. If you are interested in sponsoring the podcast, please contact Sarah Inbau.
This page was last modified on email@example.com.. If you see any information that needs to be updated or corrected, please contact