Episode 19: Understanding Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC)
In this episode:
Guests: Dr. Mitch Goldstein and Stephanie Vaughn
- Goldstein explains what NEC is and who it typically affects
- He talks about the symptoms/signs of NEC, as well as the treatment plan
- Human milk fortifier and its effect on NEC
- What questions should NICU parents be asking about their baby’s nutrition?
- Kelli speaks to Stephanie Vaughan about her NICU experience with twin boys, Morgan and Shaymus
- Stephanie talks about finding out her son, Morgan, was diagnosed with NEC
- Morgan’s treatment plan with NEC and his recovery
- The trials of pumping in the NICU and at home
- What led Stephanie to starting The Morgan Leary Vaughan Fund
This episode of NICU Now is sponsored by Prolacta Bioscience.
Guest Dr. Mitchell Goldstein
This page was last modified on email@example.com.. If you see any information that needs to be updated or corrected, please contact