Wow… what a great week!
We want to thank everyone for making Full Term NICU Babies Week such a huge success! It would not have been possible if it were not for all of our loyal and supportive followers and especially for those who were willing to share their stories and insight. It is a great form of therapy to read other parents’ experiences and know we are not alone. We all have a common bond… a NICU experience.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed guest posts and birth stories. It is sometimes hard to talk about a traumatic experience but allowing other parents to read similar stories and know they are not alone is a huge help to so many.
We hope you all enjoyed the amazing things shared with you this week, as much as we have enjoyed collecting them for you! And remember… it doesn’t matter how early or how late your baby arrived, a NICU experience affects us all.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the continued support you all lend to each other!
- “Welcome to the NICU Parent Club” by Erika Goyer of Hand to Hold
- “A NICU Mom, a True Hero” by Mark Brislin of Papas of Preemies
- “Guilt” by Ashleigh Ashcraft
- “Coming to TERMs with the NICU” by Jodi, RN of Peek-a-boo ICU
- “Supporting Your Significant Other Through the NICU Journey” by Joel Brens of Papas of Preemies
EXTRAORDINARY FULL TERM BIRTH STORIES
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have”
- “Welcome to Holland”
- “We can do hard things”
RESOURCES & ARTICLES
- “No ‘Typical’ Birth: NICU Experiences and PTSD” at Giving Birth with Confidence
- “Mother’s Hug Brought Newborn Out of Coma” at The Telegraph-UK
- “Our New Bundle and His Dramatic Story” at Picky Palate
- “NICU Nursing, It’s more than just a job” at Peek-a-boo ICU
- “Understanding PTSD: When the Stress of the NICU Persists” at Hand to Hold (video)
- “Top Ten: How to Survive the NICU” at Team Whitaker (printable)
- “Mommy Lessons – It’s All About Choices” at Life with Jack
- “Finding a Balance Between NICU and Home” at Hand to Hold
- “Emotional Responses to the NICU Experience” at Peek-a-boo ICU
- “Answering Your Children’s Questions About a Baby in the NICU” at Hand to Hold